Wednesday, February 09, 2011

TOTAL ACCEPTANCE

It's odd to me that I have this total acceptance and calm about being a new diabetic.  Wonder why that is?  I believe it is God's grace showering me with peace. 
I have certain goals today:
1. Blood sugar fasting = 109
2. Weigh in= same as dr office yesterday- too high to print.
3. Exercise in some fashion
4. Eat well=
Breakfast 2 eggs, 1 toast with 1 tsp butter, 2 slices crispy bacon, and 1/2c fruit- peaches today
Coffee!  Yes, 1 1/2c as usual.
This is a normal breakfast for me- nothing out of the usual .  It's hearty and healthy.  I am using 35cal bread for my toast, and the bacon is cooked twice to get all the fat out that I can possibly do- it is so crisp, it falls apart.
5. Drink water
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's after lunch now.  I had a ham sandwich, a dill pickle, and water.
After consulting with Wendy, I decided to buy a loaf of Sara Lee whole wheat bread that is free of high fructose corn syrup.  I was surprised how good it was.  So 2 slices of bread with 2 tsp mayo and 2 slices of deli ham.  I sliced up a garlic dill pickle and poured a glass of water which I'm still sipping.
I think I need a fruit here.  I'll see if I have any mandarin oranges left, and if not, I'll try a half banana.
One day at a time.
I started my antibiotic horse pills today, and got my box of lancets and test strips.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Supper was very good and low calorie.  I chopped up 2 tiny pieces of chicken and braised it in a little bit of olive oil.. then I added chopped onion, carrots, colorful peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms.  Oh yum!  I skipped the rice tonite~ I spooned the veggies and chicken over a dollop of cottage cheese for a much different taste.  So good.  For a dessert, I added a dollop of SF Cool Whip to my nightly Activia and then tossed in a half cup of frozen red raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries.  So very delicious!
I feel stuffed.
I'm working on Glycemic Index- 0-55 is low, 56-70 is medium, and over 70 is high.  I'm going to try to concentrate on the low GI veggies and fruits, as these don't raise the blood sugar like the medium and high GI does.  You don't get the high spikes of blood sugar when you use the low GI veggies and fruits.  I'm learning .. day by day I am learning all over how to eat and keep my blood sugars under control.
Glad you stopped by.  I'll be back with more reports on various topics and, of course, give an update on my journey into diabetes.

No comments: