Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fasting blood sugar 106

I would guess that this is what my daily morning blood sugar runs~ 106 today. 
Breakfast was the usual-
2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice toast with a dab of butter, 2 small pieces of dry, crisp bacon, and a half of a 6" banana, and 1 1/2c coffee with creamer.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Lunch~ 2 slices bread, 2 thin slices deli ham with 2 tsp mayo, and a bowl of vegetable soup.
~~~~~~~~~~
Supper tonite will be baked chicken, left over broccoli and canned carrots doctored with Splenda and a dab of butter.
I have fresh frozen red raspberries and some SF Cool Whip for dessert.  I will likely add a container of Activia to this also.  I try to do that daily.
I'm on an antibiotic and need the yogurt.
Tonite is my big night.  I will take my first dose of metformin.  It doesn't work like insulin, but makes it easier for insulin to get through to cells reducing the sugar in the blood.  I'm anxious to get started.  I desire that this will work.  I am insulin resistant.

No comments: