Tuesday, February 15, 2011

no fasting glucose today

I decided to take a break from jagging my fingers.  Don't panic.. I was told to check my glucose a couple times a week or up to every other day.  So I am still following the doctor's direction.
My diet is improving.  I'm so proud of myself.  The cravings have really settled.
This morning we had 2 scrambled eggs, a small strip of bacon, and 2 small pancakes with Sugar free syrup.  It held me till lunch when I made us each a small bowl of cream of mushroom soup.  I don't use milk in it, just hot water and extra mushrooms of course.  With that we each had a grilled cheese sandwich- one slice of american cheese and one slice of provolone.. Oh.. delicious!
Not sure about tonite.. but I will be having fresh steamed broccoli with whatever the choice is. 
Here's something I found on the internet for combatting abdominal bloating;
Which foods are the best at reducing visible bloat in the belly?


"Definitely reduce fried, saturated fats and increase fat-burning foods like green cruciferous vegetables. In terms of what you should be eating, consume three to four servings of vegetables a day, increase lean protein intake with free-range meats, incorporate high-fiber foods like apples or berries, and make sure you eat the right kinds of fats like avocados and nuts."

I love fresh sweet onions and broccoli.. as well as brussels sprouts..
I shouldn't have a problem with this.  When I scramble the eggs, I use PAM, and if I have to use oil, it's always Olive oil.  I could drink olive oil, but I think I'd be sick if I tried it. 
Time for a cup of coffee..
------------------------------
As things ended up, we had tuna salad again with macaroni.  I was careful to take only a cup of the macaroni, but loaded my bowl with fresh celery and onion, tuna fish, and then a dollop of Mayo for it all.  Yummy and very satisfying.  No snack needed tonite.

No comments: