Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday



1 Timothy 4:8

8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

Right off the bat, I can see my water intake is poor. I've never been a good water drinker. That's an issue needing addressed.. how to make sure I'm drinking enough. I may have to buy a graduated water vessel to carry around with me so I can keep score.

Today will be a challenge. It's office day and the norm is for one of the drug reps to buy us lunch. I have to keep my head above water here.
I'll be carrying my lunch with me..
cottage cheese, some of my chicken left from the stew, and lots of fresh veggies in a salad. I got my own little bottle of olive oil for the dressing. Last night I made SF jello to go with me too.

It's hard to keep up fluids when I'm running at the office. It's pretty fast paced. Perhaps I'll take a bottle of water with me and keep it on the prep table. Out of view of the patients yet visited frequently. I can take a slug or two while I'm mixing.

One good thing about the office is that I do get more exercise there than at home. I'm constantly on my feet and moving.. a good thing.

Jane and I are getting ready to finalize my plan to join the Y with her. She's already a member.
The first full week of November should give me almost the whole week to go daily to the Y for some water aerobics.. and then Wendell and I will be heading to Wendy's that weekend. Lots of challenges ahead, but I can do this.

One day at a time...

No comments: