Friday, January 19, 2007

WHA'D'JEET?

That's Pittsburghese for "What did you eat?".. I need some humor in my life about now.
I've been concentrating on low to no sodium foods today.. and to water.. fluids as intake.
Strangely enough, I need the extra intake to flush out the extra sodium I'm holding and extra fluid on my legs.

Okay.. here's what I've had so far:
  • 1 banana
  • 2 servings mandarin oranges
  • 2 servings fresh strawberries
  • 4 cups coffee.. I know, I know.. bad for me...
  • 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with a little butter and 2 slices of cheese on both. It was about more than I could eat.
  • a few tastes of chocolate pudding to ease my chocolate craving.
I'm still working on my 1st water of the day too.. I'm not a good water drinker. Perhaps tomorrow I'll push a little harder.
I'm concentrating on fruits..especially the fresh ones.. that are full of potassium. This should help rid the sodium from my system too. We shall see in the morning... I've been spending a lot of time going in and out of the BR.
Med wise: one dyazide at 8am and one at 4pm.. tylenol, folgard, aspirin,and plavix, prevacid.
Tomorrow will be gainfully employed. I'll go for chicken salad.. my own. lots of lettuce and veggies and grilled chicken strips on top. Dressing: hmmmmmmm probably a spritzer with Italian dressing.
I think veggies will rule tomorrow.. but I will have some fruit also..just not like today.
We need tomatoes.. I could eat a good many of them.. and they are good for me too.. low sodium. I can spritz them with dressing..also low sodium.
Chicken will be grilled using olive oil and Mrs Dash seasoning.
SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!
And of course, I'll be weighing in every morning from now till I see the doctor in a month or so.
I have not given up the thought of calling him and having a BNP run .. that's a blood test specific for Congestive Heart Failure. We shall see how I do for a few days first.

No comments: