Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Down 7 # total

I have been very ill for several days now.  It seems to increase every evening, leading me to believe it's the metformin that is causing it.  Severe upper right quadrant pain, sustained nausea, and horrific diarrhea.  I have pain in my muscles and joints that is worse than I've ever had, and my regular pain med for my back doesn't even begin to touch it.
It is not a constant illness as I had a brief reprieve last evening, followed by a major resurge of the pain all night.
Today I called the doctor, and as I suspected, it was the medication that was causing the whole mess.  I'm not taking any meds today, but will start Metformin ER tomorrow.  That's extended release and shouldn't hit me as hard as the regular.   I don't take a large dose as it is.  1000mg morning and evening is the normal doseage.  I'm taking 500mg every evening.. so it's not the doseage. 
I've never been able to tolerate meds easily and have to really be careful.. glad I didn't get a 3 month supply :)

No comments: