Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I'm not just losing, I'm WINNING!

WOW!  It's hard to believe that at the end of March 2014, I was such a wreck physically and even emotionally.  So much bad news about my health- blood sugars elevated, diabetes out of control, tired, fatigued, 20# weight gain in the past 12 months.. yeah.. lots to be a wreck over.
Today I got on my scales- have lost 26# and have more energy than I have had since I was in my early 20s.  It never ceases to amaze me how this is happening.
My nutritionist, Dr Agnes, has instructed me on so many things that are just plain against everything I ever learned or taught my patients  while in nursing school and beyond.  Against everything I'd read about weight loss... but I listened and did as instructed.  I had nothing more to lose..except perhaps my life.
Who would have thought that to lose fat, one needs to eat more fat?  Not just ANY fat, but the good ones: butter- REAL butter, avocados, coconut oil and cream.. olive oil and olives, and nuts- all high calorie foods that burn the fat off the body.  I stopped buying "I can't believe it's not butter".. no more unhealthy foods.
My eating has changed and I'm happy with the results.  Even hubby is altering his eating habits- really a good example of watching someone eat a colorful meal vs a bland white one with a colorless hunk of meat.  He bit and is making changes as well.
I have been encouraging him to visit Dr Agnes, as I know she can get him eating the things he needs to recoup some semblance of health.  So far, he's bucking it, but one day....
More water please.. 
Every day I make a large pitcher of water with a whole lemon floating in it.  Actually, it ends up more like lemonade, as I add stevia to it and it is super palatable.  I'm not a good straight water drinker, but can drink 24-36 oz of this every day without a problem.  Stevia is not an artificial sweetener- it's a natural sugar replacement with none to negligible calories.. I don't count calories, so it is a great sweetener to have.
I have overturned the 'no beef' in my diet.  I had one meal with a small piece.  In June, I'm planning on another larger piece of roast beef to test myself even more.  No hurry here.
I've also been lactose intolerent for nearly 40 years.. I now can consume all sorts of dairy products without repercussion.  Milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc...
Here's to another 25# loss in my near future...


No comments: